15.12.09

there is still some good left in this world!

I was running late to meet my friends for lunch and quickly signaled for a cab to take me to my destination. Told the driver where I was headed, and made sure everyone knew I was on my way. When I got there, I dug around my bag for my wallet.. and to my horror, it was nowhere to be found! Embarrassed, I had no idea what to do. I told the driver to meet me at my office as I scribbled down my address on a piece of paper. Instead of getting angry and pissy (like most cab drivers), he waved his hand and said, "Ok lang yan". I apologized over and over again and he just smiled at me. "Sige na," was all he said. I told him thank you and closed the cab door quietly. I felt horrible. Here I was, going to a mall to have lunch with my friends which would probably cost as much as his allowance for the whole day, if not more.. and him off to work to make up for what he lost. I said a little prayer of thanks and wished that lots of good karma would come his way. Good deeds seem to be completely unheard of nowadays, especially from strangers- and I consider myself extremely lucky today.. I shall do a good deed today as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment